Thursday, July 14, 2011

Board Brain, the toy.

Back from the dead! Sheesh it's been ages since I've been on here but fear not, the old skool obsession continues.


I was invited to customise a MAD*L for Toitoy in Cape Town and when the 10" blank arrived, ol' one-track-mind over here saw the monkey ears as a skateboard going through the little guy's head!


I wanted to post up the work in progress but time is tight so herewith, the finished piece:


A 10" MAD*L named Board Brain, customised using Montana spray paint, acyrlics and  custom-designed decals.

"Skateboarding is not a crime" sticker on a Mike Vallely Bolt deck.
Mike V to the last detail, plus a small punt for the band (you can see the original sticker in an earlier post)

6 comments:

  1. Awesome stuff. Really well done character. Don't believe it's your first!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shot bro :-) It helps to be a perfectionist to the point of self-flagulation. It's not quite as slick in real life, the camera adds some spice

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the little sticker behind his left ear :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rad work man. I'll go check it out in the real. Is it still in the shop? Go check out my brand we've just starting on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's going to be on display in Toitoy starting on 28 July, then I think they're selling them online only. Jaque - the Noon Gun stickers RULE man! Especially the slush puppy one and the green, bearded guy doing a boneless :-)

    Skeg, who says I don't market the band? He he

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rad, thanks. I'm sending a minion up to Durban to bomb the town a bit, keep a eye out.

    ReplyDelete