Monday, August 2, 2010

Taking it b-b-b-b-back in time ... to the 80's


It's done. I didn't need a time machine to retcon my KFD Pool Deck as a full-on 80's setup.
Using some old truck bases as a guide helped me drill four extra holes to accommodate the old skool hardware I pulled from the donor. I've had some Grind King Bridge Bolts for years and years now and I always knew they'd come in handy again! They're clever little U-shaped mounting pins so you only need a spanner or skate tool to take them off and on. No screwdriver or allen key. A bunch of us oldies getting back into skating went for a session on the mini ramp at the Pavilion skatepark last week and my gooeys kept biting into the deck so now I've put ALL the risers I own between the trucks and the deck and at around 40mm long, the Bridge Bolts fit them snugly.

Somehow I seem to only be able to take really crap photos of this latest monstrosity but I'll try again soon to get some good shots of the beast from different angles.

No comments:

Post a Comment